Waterfox Browser was started back in March 2011 by (Alex Kontos), a 16 year old student. Waterfox is ?s free and open web. It is a 64-Bit browser based on Mozilla’s free and open source platform.
Waterfox was one of the first widely distributed 64-Bit browsers on the web and quickly gained a loyal following. At a time Waterfox had one thing in mind: speed, but now Waterfox also attempts to be an ethical, user-oriented browser.
Waterfox focuses on giving users choice while also helping make the world a better place. Waterfox is partners with Ecosia, a search engine that plants trees with its generated revenues. The browser itself is focused on power users, which lets you make the important decisions. There is no plugin whitelist, you can run whichever extensions you like and absolutely no data or telemetry is sent back to Mozilla or the Waterfox project.
- Disabled Encrypted Media Extensions (EME)
- Disabled Web Runtime (deprecated as of 2015)
- Removed Pocket
- Removed Telemetry
- Removed data collection
- Removed startup profiling
- Allow running of all 64-Bit NPAPI plugins
- Allow running of unsigned extensions
- Removal of Sponsored Tiles on New Tab Page
- Addition of Duplicate Tab option
- Locale selector in about:preferences > General